Question:
Best Digital Camera for Tourist?
Rasta
2005-12-09 07:24:50 UTC
Can anyone recommend a very good digital camera for me. Things important to me are the zoom - looking at 10x optical zoom, should have a view finder. Price range between $200.00 to $500.00. Any brand.
Three answers:
DrKnowItAll
2005-12-09 15:12:02 UTC
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20S Digital Camera (5MP, 2560x1920, 12x Opt, 16MB SD Card)

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 is the top-of-the line model. It has an SLR shape typical of ultra-zoom cameras, and is about 5" x 3.44" x 2.18", it weighs 19.6 ounces, heavier than every other ultra-zoom camera. As you might expect, it is feature-loaded, with a full set of manual controls in addition to autofocus. In manual-focus mode, you turn the lens collar to refine focus. There's a 2-inch LCD and an electronic viewfinder, along with a hot shoe for adding an external flash.

Cost - $394
curiouspbp
2005-12-09 07:31:08 UTC
Yes, I can recommend the BEST camera in that price range: the Kodak EasyShare Z730. Nothing beats it. You can buy it for as little as $195.

The camera's got professional features, a 4x optical zoom (in addition to standard 4x digital zoom...16x total zoom), amazing color, multiple "scene" settings, etc... I'm in love with the thing.
shyboymt
2005-12-09 08:13:15 UTC
I would reccoment a Canon. I do have a Canon SD550 and im totally impressed with it. it has lots of different modes for differnet types of shots. like, night, beach, snow, fireworks etc..