Question:
I'm just starting out in photographyand need a good flash ?
bacardiken
2008-10-25 05:41:06 UTC
I have bought a sony alpha 350 and need advice on the best flash I can buy. there is a hot shoe adapter for the 350 so the flash dose not have to be sony.
Three answers:
deepaklalu
2008-10-29 04:48:44 UTC
http://www.sony.ie/product/dsa-flashes---lights/hvl-f42am

its a nice one for u

always use sony flash for ur sony camera
screwdriver
2008-10-25 14:18:04 UTC
The flash has to be compatible to your Sony camera if you want the flash and camera to 'talk' to each other.

Other than the Sony range the new Sigma flashes have Sony dedicated versions in their range and the firmware can be updated by their USB connection.

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/flashes/flashes_flashes.asp

Click on the different flashes info in the right hand panel. You can choose any of the models, but you must get the version which is dedicated to your Sony camera, different manufacturers have different systems with flash, so Sigma have to make different versions.

Chris
2008-10-25 16:38:31 UTC
it depends how serious you are...

I use a Metz 45ct4 twin hammerhead... (i bought it years ago in my 35mm days) ok, it was 300 quid... but i cant fault it...and its good for 300 feet...

fullpower recycle is 1/3 second... and it can keep up with the motordrive at 3FPS...