Question:
PENTAX SLR K1000?
sunny421_soft
2005-12-14 06:20:47 UTC
Need Technical information about Pentax SLR Manual Camera K1000 with Drawings OR Suggest any of the books with its content & where do I get the book or camera
Two answers:
conradj213
2005-12-14 07:07:08 UTC
If you are looking for the K1000, it appears it has been discontinued, for all intents and purposes but you can still find it here, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=buyUsed&kw=used&Q=41213&O=productList

However, the replacement for it seems to be the Pentax ZX-M located here, http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/product_info/details__cat_id--197,prod_id--11295832.html

You can find the manual for the K1000 from Pentax here, http://www.pentax.com/docstore/index.cfm?show=6
bonairetrip
2005-12-16 03:13:01 UTC
One other thing: The camera is simplicity itself. It is 100% manual (you set the aperture and the shutter speed. You focus the old fashioned way) but with a very simple light meter (it shows inside the viewfinder as a needle within a bracket witha plus on one end and a minus on the other).

You might also check KEH.Com (sells used camera gear) as well as B&H or adorama and local camera stores. At some point, I will probably list mine on ebay...